On Oct. 12, 2018, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by The Naked Housewife. Thank you so much for the nomination, and I hope that anyone reading this will go and check out her blog to learn more about her!
ANSWERS TO THE NAKED HOUSEWIFE'S QUESTIONS:
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING?
I originally started blogging to share my opinions on controversial subjects, hence the name of my blog. However, I quickly learned that arguing about my posts were causing a lot of stress, so I decided to start fresh and talk about things most people would enjoy! It has served as a source of stress relief for me!
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC?
I really like pop, mostly. I also enjoy Christian music, rock, rap, and hip-hop. Oldies are also a favorite. My mom, brother, and I shared an iTunes account when I was growing up. I could land on Prince, Queen, Eminem, or Katy Perry at any moment!
3. IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU GO FIRST?
I think my first stop would be Ireland. Because of my complexion, I kind of guessed that I was probably Irish. A 23AndMe test taken by my mom indicated that we were indeed Irish. I actually wanted to go to these places even before we found out because they seem so picturesque and beautiful!
4. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD BUY IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
I wouldn't buy anything, but would rather pay off my debts. They always serve as a great source of concern for me as they don't ever seem to go away no matter how much you pay on them. Curse my obsession with attending a private college!
5. NAME YOUR FAVORITE BOOK AND WHY.
My favorite book is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I really enjoy the story and the emotions that are invoked when you read it. I have re-read this book several times since I first read it. It's definitely worth the read!
6. NAME YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM AND WHY.
Twitter is probably my favorite because it is so easy to interact with other people.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT BLOGGING?
My favorite part about blogging is brainstorming ideas and doing the research. I've always loved researching. I always would research a random topic (one that you would likely do a report on) and read and write about it! This allows me to do that in a more creative way.
8. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST STRUGGLE WITH BLOGGING?
I would say the biggest struggle is reaching people. Your audience is always changing. Twitter is where I connect with people the most, but you've got to post about your post multiple times for several people to see it. Many have thousands of followers and simply won't see your posts!
9. IF TIME MACHINES WERE REAL. WHAT ERA OR DECADE WOULD YOU TRAVEL TO AND WHY?
I would go back in time to see Elvis perform. I grew up loving Elvis and obviously wasn't born by the time he passed. I think that would be a great time to visit!
10. DO YOU COLLECT ANYTHING?
I kind of collect sugar skulls or decor featuring sugar skulls. I love the idea of Dia de los Muertos and I love the beautiful and vibrant colors that come along with the holiday!
11. WHAT IS YOUR COMFORT FOOD?
I'm from the Southern United States, so my comfort food is home-cooking. I love country-style steak, potatoes, green beans, biscuits, chicken, etc. Anything made with love will always be a comfort for me!
1. If you could meet up with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
2. What is your favorite movie and why?
3. What fictional place would you most like to visit?
4. What Hogwarts House are you a member of?
5. What is your favorite holiday and why?
6. What do you want for Christmas?
7. What do you wish you could spend less time doing?
8. How different was your life a year ago?
9. What are you most likely to become famous for and why?
10. What do you think is your spirit animal and why?
11. What movie or TV show impacted your life the most?
Nic's Healthy Life | Caratigerlilli | The Frugal Frenchie | Unexpected Adventures
Thoughts Parsed | Keeping Up with MJ | Flavia the Bibliophile | Kerri-Ann Briggs
The Life of Sofy | Mel LaBella Blog | The Black Princess Diaries
I can't wait to read all of your responses if you're willing and able to participate!