As soon as the news hit that COVID-19 was a nation-wide pandemic, and a nation-wide state of emergency was announced, I knew that mental health would be a large topic of conversation.
If only people were interested when there wasn't a pandemic happening, amiright?!
THINGS TO DO WHILE ISOLATED:
1. Read a book: Delve into your favorite novel, or start a new one. Download Audible or another audiobook service if you want to listen rather than read!
3. Spoil your pets: One great thing about isolation is the unprecedented hours of time our pets are now getting with us. I don't know about you, but my doggo was super happy that I stayed home with her. My cat? She would be fine if I left for a week!
4. Do some self care: Self care - like doing a face mask, painting your nails, shaving, etc.- are all important to maintaining your sanity. The truth is that it makes your body feel better, which can actively reduce stress.
5. Set goals: This can help you realign your focus. Sometimes, situations take a toll on our mental health because we have nothing better to focus on. This is even more true in an isolation situation. Make goals and see how you can work toward achieving them, even while isolated.
7. Play some video games: One of my favorite things has become XBOX ONE gamepass. I never even knew it existed. You can download games for free and play them without paying for the full game.
I'm currently playing Outer Worlds, which is admittedly a lot like my favorite game series, Fallout. Jonathan and I played a game called "Afterparty" where you have to escape Hell after suddenly dying. It was pretty cool.