NOVEMBER 2018 FAVORITESRead Now
Yet another month has gone by, so now it is time again for another monthly favorites blog. Keep reading to find out more about the products, services, or entertainment I've loved this past month!
I always like to try a new beauty product or two each month to see if I like something more than I like the product I'm already using.
E.L.F. LIP EXFOLIATOR, SWEET CHERRY | $3
DOVE BODY WASH | $8.94
Here are a few things in the entertainment category that I've loved this month:
As for the YouTube channel I've loved most this month, that would have to be Daz games. I've always been a huge fan of Daz, but I've gotten into watching him more lately. He does use some language, so be advised before watching this with younger children. He's really funny and I love watching him play horror games because of his reactions.
Thanksgiving is all about the food. Here is what I loved this month:
Not everything that I loved this month was visible, so I wanted to share some of the things that have helped me this month that aren't tangible.
I don't talk about this too often because I strongly believe that we are now in a place where God is moving and working during each church service. That's not to say that I never felt anything in our old church, but this is something different. I come out of each service feeling emptied of my woes and feeling God so strong in my heart. I'm so thankful for that!
TIME TO JUST BREATHE
November was an insanely busy and stressful month for me. We remodeled and cleaned my mom and grandma's rooms and I had a huge project that I only had about two weeks to work on. I'm thankful that everything went off without a hitch, but I'm even more thankful for the time I had following the project where I could just relax and take it easy. If I was going full-speed like that all of the time, I don't know what I'd do.
As I said, it was a busy and stressful month, so that's really all that I have for you for this month's favorites blog. Since December is next and I'm sure I'll be getting some new presents, I am sure the monthly favorites blog will be much longer.
Don't forget that blogmas is coming and I'm participating. I'm also doing a Tweetmas tag in December. You can find details about that on my Twitter feed. I hope you'll check it out!
I decided to shave my face over the holiday. Women in particular have a lot of pressure put on them as to how they look, and I don't know if it is because I subconsciously knew about this or because it is truly my preference, but I just had a lot of hair I wanted to get rid of.
I was sick of plucking unruly hairs and, although my facial hair was blonde, I felt like I had much more of it than the average woman.
THE RESULTS/HOW IT FEELS
HOW I DID IT
As for this mini shaver, I love it! You don't have to worry about nicking yourself because the blades are protected. This one is battery-powered and came with a battery in the pack. I would recommend getting this, even if it is just for the minor touch-ups that you need to make occasionally!
So, there is my little adventure on shaving my face. I do feel like my makeup looks a bit smoother and goes on easier now that I've done this. If you give this a try, I do think the methods I chose are a lot safer and easier than just using shaving cream and a razor. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!
LEGAL: All photos are my own.
Where has the month of November gone!? It feels like just yesterday when I was posting each day for Blogtober! If you miss the content I put out each day in October, you'll be happy to know that I'm doing Blogmas here on TheOpinionatedOne.com!
So, to get myself into the Christmas and holiday spirit, I figured I would do some research and share some things I've found myself that will help you get extra money or save your money for this holiday season.
EARN: DO SOME FREELANCE
I do freelance assignments pretty regularly on a site called Fiverr. I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that I have come across a few issues with specific customers on the site. However, I've been doing freelance writing on Fiverr for years.
Check out my Fiverr profile. I do 500-word guest posts for only $5! I can also write for your business. Message me for inquiries.
This site in particular allows you to sell a number of things, including graphics, voiceovers, songs, programming, relationship advice, and much more! If you want to make a little bit of extra money, try a freelance site!
SAVE: USE COUPON CODE SITES
If you love watching YouTube videos, you've probably heard a number of influencers talking about Honey. Honey is something that I've personally used and it does work for some of your favorite sites. Honey is a browser extension. When you go to check out, it pops up and you simply have to click "run coupon codes." Honey will check to see if you have any coupon matches.
I've also downloaded an app called RetailMeNot. On this app, you can type in your favorite stores and browse the online or in-store coupons. When you click the coupon that you'd like to use, you can press "Get Code" to copy it!
EARN: PLAY TRIVA FOR CASH
Basically, you are awarded points that have a value. You must go to Swagbucks.com to redeem your points for gift cards or PayPal credit. You can also enter sweepstakes and donate to worthy causes like The Wounded Warrior Project, The Humane Society, and more. On the website, you can also participate in polls and surveys to earn more points.
Save these points up to redeem them for cash or gift cards so you can do your holiday shopping!
SAVE: SIGN UP FOR A SAVINGS PLAN
EARN: FIND A SEASONAL WEEKEND JOB
Search local listings for odd jobs or weekend, part-time jobs you can do for spare cash. Sometimes, sport complexes may need workers to clean up the grounds, sell tickets, or sell concessions during the season. You might also find a holiday-themed event that needs extra help. Check around and take a look at the listings. See what job can fit into the schedule you already have! Many retail stores need extra help around the holidays!
Short, sweet, and to-the-point! There are, of course, many other ways to save money and earn money this season, but these are the ones I've either tested myself or have researched to be popular around this time of year!
MY 2018 CHRISTMAS WISH LIST!Read Now
In honor of Black Friday, which is today in the states, I thought I would go ahead and share my Christmas wish list in case anyone out there may be wondering what they want for Christmas!
I've added the link to the products I want so you can check them out for yourself! Check out my list here:
2ND GENERATION ECHO DOT
I am interested in the Echo Dot (2nd Generation) bundled with the Sengled 2 Bulb Kit. The bulbs are "smart lightbulbs" that can be controlled by Alexa, the virtual assistant used by Amazon. I am thinking of just getting this for Jonathan and I as a household gift!
FOLDING TV TRAY TABLE
A LABEL MAKER
HIGH-QUALITY DSLR CAMERA
I had a former boss who said that her family often bought her a new camera lens or some sort of camera equipment each year for Christmas, so I could build up my collection throughout the years!
AN EARRING HOLDER
You can send me a donation via PayPal by using my email address, email@example.com, or on CashApp with the username $GabbieJona. If you send a message with your donation, I'll be sure to shout you out on my blog and on all of my social media platforms!
Thanks for checking out my Christmas wish list! I hope some of these were inspiring to you so you can tell your family what you'd like for Christmas!
LEGAL: All photos are from Pixabay.com, a Creative Commons website that requires no attribution for photo use.
I started to experience something at the end of each work day that was troubling me: I had no energy.
For someone who literally sits at a desk for the majority of the day, this bothered me. I wasn’t doing anything physical and I just didn’t understand why I was so drained of my energy. This was bothering me because I didn’t even have the energy to do household chores like wash clothes or do the dishes. So, I tried a couple of things and also researched a few things.
So, if you’re someone who seems to be zapped of your energy after a day at work, keep reading for a few things I found that can help you stay energized enough to power through your work at home!
GET YOUR BLOOD TESTED
Low iron levels can also cause weakness, pale skin, shortness of breath, dizziness, food cravings, tongue swelling, cold hands and feet, irregular heartbeats, brittle nails, and headaches. I found in my research that a lot of women my age struggle with this due to menstruation. The fix, however is pretty easy.
In order to improve your iron levels, you can either eat more iron-rich foods (like broccoli, dark chocolate, and lean red meats) or you can take iron supplement pills which are sold over-the-counter.
DRINK MORE WATER
To remedy this, I made a rule for myself that I actually shared in yesterday’s blog post. My water rule is that I must consume my recommended amount of water before I have a soda. My FitBit app suggests that I have about 65 fluid ounces of water a day. I also make myself finish about 26 oz of water before I have my morning coffee. This helps me stay hydrated and keeps me from drinking too much soda!
HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE
Lately, I’ve been saving my unused brewed coffee from the morning in a separate pitcher that I have an iced coffee from when I get home. It keeps me from wasting coffee and from brewing up another batch when I get home.
HAVE A SNACK
CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES
Instead of changing into what I’m going to wear for bed, I have started to change into sweat pants or shorts, a t-shirt, and into my sneakers. I’m less tempted to lay down on the bed and I’m more apt to get up and actually do something productive when I’m dressed and in shoes.
DITCH THE HEAT
As the winter months approach, it is so tempting for me to turn on the heat to stay cozy in my car, but I’ve noticed that heat is one thing that furthers my energy level decline. Instead of putting on the heat, try turning it on until you “defrost” and then turning all air in your car off. You cal also lower the heat setting in your car or even crack your windows for a refreshing cool breeze that will help your eyes stay open on the way home and when you get there!
MOVE MORE DURING THE DAY
I work on a campus, so I can walk around throughout the day if I need to. If someone gives you trouble about it, you can always bring up that coworker who spokes for 15 minutes a few times a day on the clock!
AVOID SUGARY FOODS IN VENDING MACHINES
There are tons of ways to avoid the after-work crash, but these are a few ideas that have worked for me! Do you have any tips to keep us from crashing after a long, stressful day of work? Leave them in the comments below!
6 THINGS YOU SHOULD BE DOING EVERY DAY TO SAVE MONEY AND LIVE YOUR BEST LIFERead Now
I'm always down to save money when I have the chance. That's why I've started to do some things that help to save without majorly interrupting my life. I wanted to share these with my readers in hopes that they help you!
DON'T THROW OUT THAT COFFEE
However, if you just pour unused coffee down the sink, you're just wasting money! Instead, I've started to pour my excess coffee into a pitcher and refrigerate it. When I get home, I have cold coffee waiting. I can simply add in my cream, sugar, and some ice for iced coffee that will help me get through my writing assignments and blog posts!
SIGN UP FOR SAVINGS PROGRAMS WITH YOUR BANK
PICK UP YOUR GROCERIES
This service was first introduced to me by my mom. It is great for moms with children who may not be easy to handle in the store, for people with busy lives, and for disabled people. All you do is order online, reserve a pickup time, and arrive. The employees will load your cart up for you. Sometimes, they may not have exactly what you asked for, but they always give you fair substitutions.
This service is free and is a great way to stick to your list without making impulse buys!
FOLLOW MY WATER RULE
I also don't drink my morning coffee until I've had at least one 26 fl oz glass of water. This helps me to save money because I'm not drinking a ton of coffee or soda. It also helps keep my hydrated and focused throughout the day!
DONATE TO A THRIFT STORE
HAVE A FREE DATE NIGHT
There are so many other things you can do to save money and to live your best life, but these are ones that I've tried and will probably continue to do unless I become a millionaire! Do you have any money-saving tips? Let me know below!
18 THINGS ABOUT BEING A BLOGGER THAT WILL MAKE OTHER BLOGGERS SAY "SAME"Read Now
If you aren't a blogger and you're curious to know what life is like as "one of us," I hope you find this entertaining. If you are a blogger, I'm sure you can relate to at least one of these things! If you like this, I hope you'll give it a share so we can all have a good laugh!
1. TRYING TO FIND A SQUARE-INCH OF CLEAN SPACE ON A COUNTER TOP OR DESK IN YOUR HOUSE TO TAKE A PHOTO FOR YOUR LATEST BLOG POST
2. THAT FEELING WHEN YOU'VE FINISHED WITH BLOGTOBER OR BLOGMAS
3. THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU RUSH TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN YOU GET IN FROM WORK OR A DAY OUT SO YOU CAN WRITE ON THAT BLOG POST TOPIC THAT INSPIRED YOU
4. WHEN YOU FINALLY GET TAGGED FOR A BLOGGER PEER AWARD
5. WHEN YOU DECIDE TO WRITE ABOUT A NEW SUBJECT THAT YOU'RE TOTALLY UNEDUCATED ON
6. WHEN YOU TRY OUT A RECIPE FROM PINTEREST FOR YOUR BLOG BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE
7. WHEN YOU NEED TO GO TO THE CRAFT STORE FOR THINGS FOR YOUR BLOG, BUT YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER SAYS NO
8. WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW IRL SAYS: EW, YOU HAVE A BLOG?
9. AND WHEN YOU GO ON TWITTER TO RANT ABOUT SAID RUDE PERSON AND YOUR FOLLOWERS NEED TO KNOW EVERY DETAIL
10. WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES A WELL-THOUGHT-OUT COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG POST
11. LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN BLOG POST TITLES BECAUSE THEY'RE SO PUNNY
12. WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO FOR YOUR NEXT BLOG POST, BUT THAT FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER WHO READS RELIGIOUSLY SENDS YOU IDEAS
13. WHEN YOUR PETS, KIDS, OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TRYS TO INTERRUPT YOUR BLOGGING TIME
14. YOUR WALLET AFTER PAYING FOR SUPPLIES FOR YOUR BLOG POSTS
15. CONSTANTLY CHECKING YOUR GOOGLE ADS ACCOUNT TO SEE IF YOU'VE EARNED ANY MORE MONEY FROM AD CLICKS
16. GETTING WORRIED THAT YOUR CONTENT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH WHEN YOU SEE YOU HAVEN'T EARNED ANY MONEY
17. GETTING REASSURANCE FROM FELLOW BLOGGERS THAT YOU DON'T SUCK AND YOUR READERSHIP WILL CONTINUE TO GROW IF YOU STAY CONSISTENT
18. AND FINALLY...HOW YOU FEEL KNOWING THAT YOU'VE WRITTEN AND SCHEDULED YOUR BLOGS FOR THE WEEK!
I hope you enjoyed this fun post, and I hope it was relatable enough to my fellow bloggers! Did I miss anything? Tell me what else we struggle with in the comments below!
AUTUMN QUESTIONS TAGRead Now
I've been keeping a keen eye on my Twitter feed, and I saw a blogger, Amanda Burnett, who was asking if anyone was interested in doing an Autumn questions tag on their blog! It has been a while since I've been tagged. Since everything was so micro-planned for Blogtober, I decided to wait until this month to share my answers. I hope you'll enjoy my answers and you will participate if I've tagged you!
So, thank you to Amanda for tagging me. Visit her blog here: www.itsamandaburnett.wordpress.com.
Keep reading for the rules, the questions, and my answers!
AUTUMN QUESTIONS TAG RULES
1) List these rules in your post, so that everyone is clear on what to do!
2) Include the creator’s link (www.laurenannbeauty.com) and also whoever nominated you! If you're reading this now and are going to participate in the tag, you would mention me, Gabrielle Allison from www.TheOpinionatedOne.com.
3) Answer the questions and tag at least 3 other people (include their links to help with their DA?)
1) What’s your favorite thing about Autumn?
2) Did you take part in Blogtober?
3) Favorite Autumnal Drink?
4) Favorite Autumn Candle?
5) Favorite item of clothing for Autumn?
6) Do you decorate your house/room for Halloween/Autumn?
7) What did you do on Halloween?
1) My favorite thing about Autumn is that it is a lot cooler than the summer. I live in North Carolina, which is in the Southern U.S. It gets hot in the summer, but worse, it gets humid. That means that a day that's only about 80 degrees Fahrenheit can feel like it is hotter than 100 degrees! The cool weather is my jam!
2) I did take part in blogtober! I think I have found a healthy balance for my time. I had time to write and plan, which is important. I am happy that it wasn't too overwhelming!
3) My favorite Autumn drink would be Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato with Almond Milk and Cinnamon. I like it iced! If I am making my own drink, I would choose regular coffee with hazelnut creamer and a spoon full of sugar.
4) My current favorite Autumn candle is Hazelnuet Cream. It is a knock-off brand candle that I got at my local Walmart! I also really like cinnamon and apple scents for this time of year!
5) My favorite fall clothing item are sweaters. They are cozy!
6) I decorated my home for Halloween, and I think the hubby and I will probably be putting up Christmas decorations pretty soon. We do this because we are about three hours away from our family, so we always travel to see them on Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we like to have some time to enjoy our decorations!
7) For Halloween, we went out to eat and got some amazing ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. If you have one near by and haven't tried it yet, I recommend the Birthday Cake Remix! We were going to hand out candy, but we just don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters where we live, so we decided against it this year.
WHO I'M TAGGING
1. Brianna - Briana Marie Lifestyle
2. Tori - Inspired by Tor
3. Lauren - My Favorite Job Title Is Mom
4. ANYONE READING THIS!
Take part in this tag (which I've modified to work after Halloween) and let us know all about your Autumn and your plans this fall!