Finding a Halloween costume can be tough, so why not make it easier by using staples you can find in your closet. Keep reading for a few ideas.
Let's get social:
Cozy season is here, and the best way to celebrate is to cuddle up to your honey and celebrate the fall season with special date ideas. No matter if you're a boyfriend or husband struggling to come up with new ideas for your fall-loving girlfriend, wife or partner, or if you just want some unique ideas of things to do even on your own or with family, I've got you covered.
1. A DRIVE OR WALK IN FALL FOLIAGE
2. FALL CRAFT DATE
3. HALLOWEEN MOVIE MARATHON
4. SHOPPING SPREE/WINDOW SHOPPING
5. HAY RIDE, PUMPKIN PATCH OR CORN MAZE
6. SEE A SHOW OR WATCH A GAME
7. SELF CARE DAY
8. BAKING/COOKING DATE
LET'S GET SOCIAL:
Everyone has that one thing that they can't resist buying. For some people, that's shoes or bags, maybe even hats. But for me, it's definitely cups and mugs.
Today, I want to show off a few of my Halloween cups and mugs and let you know where I got them (if I know) so you can snag them for yourself.
HALLOWEEN QUEEN - HOME GOODS
SUGAR SKULL MUG - HOME GOODS
BLACK CATS - THE CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP
HOCUS POCUS MUG - HOME GOODS
SALLY MUG - THRIFT STORE
FLORAL SKULL WINE GLASSES - A GIFT, SO NOT SURE!
My boss got me a gift chock full of skulls and sugar skulls, including these stemless wine glasses. I love that they are colorful, and they would be great to use to enjoy any colder beverage. I'm excited to use these this month and really throughout the year.
LET'S GET SOCIAL
As I'm sure all of you know by now, I'm a Halloween junkie. I love to check out the Halloween decor section anywhere I go, so I know a lot of the great places to shop for affordable Halloween decor that will fit your vibe for this season. Let's get into it.
WALMART AND TARGET
MICHAEL'S CRAFT STORE
THE CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP
Let's get social:
Would you rather walk through a graveyard at midnight or spend a night in a spooky abandoned old house?
I would rather walk through a graveyard at midnight. I think that if spirits exist, they’d likely be around their families and loved ones rather than in the graveyard.
Would you rather dunk for apples or carve a jack-lantern?
I would rather carve a jack-o-lantern because right now dunking for apples is pretty dangerous with COVID.
Would you rather meet a vampire or meet a werewolf?
I would rather meet a vampire because I don’t think werewolves traditionally know what they’re doing, but a vampire does. By that I mean that most werewolf stories feature the person waking up having no memory of what they’ve done to others.
Would you rather be dressed up as Superman / Wonder Woman or as Batman / Catwoman?
I would rather dress up as Wonder Woman because I don’t think a latex suit would be very flattering on me!
Would you rather go trick or treating or stay home and watch a scary movie?
When I was a kid, I would have picked Trick or Treating. But, I love scary movies so much, so I would much rather stay home and watch one of those.
Would you rather eat candy apple or candy corn?
I think candy apples are a little hard on the teeth, so I’ll go with candy corn.
Would you rather go to a real haunted house or watch a horror movie marathon?
I would 100 percent rather watch a horror movie marathon. I love watching movies, especially scary ones.
Would you rather have a creative costume or a scary costume?
I’ve always been a fan of creative costumes. I grew up with a very crafty nana and mom, and so creativity is in my veins.
Would you rather watch a scary movie with a scary movie buff or watch a scary movie with a scaredy cat?
I’m used to watching scary movies with both. I like watching them with scaredy cats because I think it is funny to see what they find scary vs. what I find scary.
Would you rather be absolutely terrified of the dark or be afraid of the the thing underneath your bed?
I love the dark, so I guess I’d rather be afraid of the thing under my bed. You can’t really get away from darkness. Maybe I could sleep on the couch instead.
Would you rather get attacked by a giant spider or a spooky skeleton?
Omg, spooky skeleton. I hate spiders, so a giant one wouldn’t work well for me.
Would you rather eat candy every day for a month or have no candy for a month?
I would rather have no candy for a month because there are other sweets I could have, and I wouldn’t want to get sick of candy!
Would you rather visit a haunted house or a haunted graveyard?
Haunted graveyard because there wouldn’t be doors that ghosts could lock and I could get away much easier.
Would you rather be scared or make someone else scared?
I would rather make someone else scared.
Would you rather go trick or treating with a group of friends or with a group of family members?
Is Trick or Treating a family tradition for you?
It was when I was a kid.
Would you rather have candy for dinner or have candy for breakfast?
Candy for breakfast because it can give me energy for the day.
CUTE CANDY CORN
What I hope I don’t see, but know that I will, are costumes poking fun at COVID-19. I know that some people choose to deal with tough subjects by making them into jokes, but COVID-19 is nothing to joke about.
2: RESURGENCE OF TWILIGHT CHARACTERS
3: BO BURNHAM “INSIDE” LOOKS
The special was funny at times but sobering for most of it. Burnham tackles subjects like technology addiction, opinions, social injustice, and politics. Burnham managed to capture visually pleasing footage, many frames of which were turned into trends on TikTok.
4: CRUELLA DEVILLE
5: BRIDGERTON LOOKS
6: ZOOM-RELATED COSTUMES
1: LINVILLE FALLS, N.C.
2: ASHEVILLE, N.C.
3: NEW YORK CITY, N.Y.
4: BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY, VA.
I'm a sucker for the South in fall, I know. Most of the items on this list have been Southern towns. However, I can't express how pretty the Blue Ridge Parkway is in fall. It's a great option if you're looking to stay in the car and stop along the way at pretty lookouts. As you can see by this gorgeous photo, there's so much lovely foliage in the fall. Not to mention that the Blue Ridge Parkway stretches from Souther Virginia to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.
5: GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS, TENN.
That's all for today's post. Tell me in the comments where your favorite place to visit in the fall is!
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.
I've been keeping a keen eye on my Twitter feed, and I saw a blogger, Amanda Burnett, who was asking if anyone was interested in doing an Autumn questions tag on their blog! It has been a while since I've been tagged. Since everything was so micro-planned for Blogtober, I decided to wait until this month to share my answers. I hope you'll enjoy my answers and you will participate if I've tagged you!
So, thank you to Amanda for tagging me. Visit her blog here: www.itsamandaburnett.wordpress.com.
Keep reading for the rules, the questions, and my answers!
AUTUMN QUESTIONS TAG RULES
1) List these rules in your post, so that everyone is clear on what to do!
2) Include the creator’s link (www.laurenannbeauty.com) and also whoever nominated you! If you're reading this now and are going to participate in the tag, you would mention me, Gabrielle Allison from www.TheOpinionatedOne.com.
3) Answer the questions and tag at least 3 other people (include their links to help with their DA?)
1) What’s your favorite thing about Autumn?
2) Did you take part in Blogtober?
3) Favorite Autumnal Drink?
4) Favorite Autumn Candle?
5) Favorite item of clothing for Autumn?
6) Do you decorate your house/room for Halloween/Autumn?
7) What did you do on Halloween?
1) My favorite thing about Autumn is that it is a lot cooler than the summer. I live in North Carolina, which is in the Southern U.S. It gets hot in the summer, but worse, it gets humid. That means that a day that's only about 80 degrees Fahrenheit can feel like it is hotter than 100 degrees! The cool weather is my jam!
2) I did take part in blogtober! I think I have found a healthy balance for my time. I had time to write and plan, which is important. I am happy that it wasn't too overwhelming!
3) My favorite Autumn drink would be Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato with Almond Milk and Cinnamon. I like it iced! If I am making my own drink, I would choose regular coffee with hazelnut creamer and a spoon full of sugar.
4) My current favorite Autumn candle is Hazelnuet Cream. It is a knock-off brand candle that I got at my local Walmart! I also really like cinnamon and apple scents for this time of year!
5) My favorite fall clothing item are sweaters. They are cozy!
6) I decorated my home for Halloween, and I think the hubby and I will probably be putting up Christmas decorations pretty soon. We do this because we are about three hours away from our family, so we always travel to see them on Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we like to have some time to enjoy our decorations!
7) For Halloween, we went out to eat and got some amazing ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. If you have one near by and haven't tried it yet, I recommend the Birthday Cake Remix! We were going to hand out candy, but we just don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters where we live, so we decided against it this year.
WHO I'M TAGGING
1. Brianna - Briana Marie Lifestyle
2. Tori - Inspired by Tor
3. Lauren - My Favorite Job Title Is Mom
4. ANYONE READING THIS!
Take part in this tag (which I've modified to work after Halloween) and let us know all about your Autumn and your plans this fall!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I would normally celebrate a bit differently than I am this year. So, this year, I have a bit of a different plan. Check out below for my Halloween plans and check out some of my dream Halloween plans after that.
Without further ado, keep reading for more about my plans:
BUT FIRST, COFFEE
The bags were left over from my Mother-in-Law's 50th birthday party several months ago. I made the tags with scrapbook paper. I also wrote some cute little punny saying on the inside of them. I hope all of my coworkers really liked them!
THROUGHOUT THE DAY
TAKE A WALK IN THE FALL AIR
LISTEN TO MY FAVORITE TRUE CRIME YOUTUBE CHANNELS
I will also be catching up on scary stories and paranormal investigations from LoeyLane and Hailey Reese. I've linked their channel's URLs to their names, so click and check out some of their videos. Also, please subscribe to support them if you like their content. They are all fabulous and do such a good job with their research!
I usually like to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, but last year I only got two and bought a ton of candy that ended up going to waste. So this year, unfortunately, we've decided not to hand out candy. I'm hoping that we one day live in a place that has a ton of trick-or-treaters so we can do something nice for the local children! I'm talking Grav3yardgirl big!
MAKE DINNER AND SNACKS
MINI MOVIE MARATHON
Those are the extent of our plans this Halloween. I promised I would talk a little bit about my dream Halloween plans. I would really like to one day throw a murder mystery Halloween party. However, if I do this, I want it to be big and really nice. I'm talking catered, in a nice place we rent out, etc.
I just love the idea of a murder mystery dinner party. It is fun and everyone gets fed!
What are you doing this Halloween, or what have you done? Let me know in the comments below.