Today's blog post is inspired by my two amazing rescue animals: my cat Rum Tum and my dog Maisel.
1. BE PREPARED TO CLEAN
2. DON'T SPEND MONEY ON THINGS YOU CAN DIY
3. YOUR PETS MAY NOT GET ALONG RIGHT AWAY
We've decided to give Maisel the house during the day and give Rum Tum the house at night. We also are slowly acclimating them to one another by letting them out at the same time under very watchful eyes. I think it is going pretty well. I really hope they will be best friends one day!
4. SCHEDULE A CHECK-UP RIGHT AWAY
We had to take her to a vet to get some medicine, and the vet did an exam on her. PetSmart and other clinics may offer a special general exam for your new animal. Have them checked out, especially if they will come in contact with other animals. Don't trust the shelter to have kept them up-to-date on everything.
5. PETS TAKE ENERGY
6. TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM CHICKEN PRODUCTS
7. GET TOYS THAT REPLACE THEIR BAD HABITS
Above everything else, be sure to love your adopted pets. Odds are, they were on the street or were surrendered by someone they really loved. They need the love and joy that comes with a new family!
I absolutely love traditions when it comes to Christmas, and I've actually carried some of my traditions from growing up into my marriage and we will do them with our children one day!
So, sit back, grab a snack, and check out these five Christmas traditions you need to add to your Christmas celebrations this year!
1. ADDING A NEW ORNAMENT
3. READING THE CHRISTMAS STORIES
4. WHOLE FAMILY GET-TOGETHER
5. GO SEE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
I hope that you will try out some of these traditions. If you do, please take a picture and tag me in it on social media. I am @gemusiclover on Instagram and Twitter, and I'd love to see your versions of these traditions!
I decided to shave my face over the holiday. Women in particular have a lot of pressure put on them as to how they look, and I don't know if it is because I subconsciously knew about this or because it is truly my preference, but I just had a lot of hair I wanted to get rid of.
I was sick of plucking unruly hairs and, although my facial hair was blonde, I felt like I had much more of it than the average woman.
THE RESULTS/HOW IT FEELS
HOW I DID IT
As for this mini shaver, I love it! You don't have to worry about nicking yourself because the blades are protected. This one is battery-powered and came with a battery in the pack. I would recommend getting this, even if it is just for the minor touch-ups that you need to make occasionally!
So, there is my little adventure on shaving my face. I do feel like my makeup looks a bit smoother and goes on easier now that I've done this. If you give this a try, I do think the methods I chose are a lot safer and easier than just using shaving cream and a razor. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!
LEGAL: All photos are my own.
If you aren't a blogger and you're curious to know what life is like as "one of us," I hope you find this entertaining. If you are a blogger, I'm sure you can relate to at least one of these things! If you like this, I hope you'll give it a share so we can all have a good laugh!
1. TRYING TO FIND A SQUARE-INCH OF CLEAN SPACE ON A COUNTER TOP OR DESK IN YOUR HOUSE TO TAKE A PHOTO FOR YOUR LATEST BLOG POST
2. THAT FEELING WHEN YOU'VE FINISHED WITH BLOGTOBER OR BLOGMAS
3. THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU RUSH TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN YOU GET IN FROM WORK OR A DAY OUT SO YOU CAN WRITE ON THAT BLOG POST TOPIC THAT INSPIRED YOU
4. WHEN YOU FINALLY GET TAGGED FOR A BLOGGER PEER AWARD
5. WHEN YOU DECIDE TO WRITE ABOUT A NEW SUBJECT THAT YOU'RE TOTALLY UNEDUCATED ON
6. WHEN YOU TRY OUT A RECIPE FROM PINTEREST FOR YOUR BLOG BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE
7. WHEN YOU NEED TO GO TO THE CRAFT STORE FOR THINGS FOR YOUR BLOG, BUT YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER SAYS NO
8. WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW IRL SAYS: EW, YOU HAVE A BLOG?
9. AND WHEN YOU GO ON TWITTER TO RANT ABOUT SAID RUDE PERSON AND YOUR FOLLOWERS NEED TO KNOW EVERY DETAIL
10. WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES A WELL-THOUGHT-OUT COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG POST
11. LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN BLOG POST TITLES BECAUSE THEY'RE SO PUNNY
12. WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO FOR YOUR NEXT BLOG POST, BUT THAT FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER WHO READS RELIGIOUSLY SENDS YOU IDEAS
13. WHEN YOUR PETS, KIDS, OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TRYS TO INTERRUPT YOUR BLOGGING TIME
14. YOUR WALLET AFTER PAYING FOR SUPPLIES FOR YOUR BLOG POSTS
15. CONSTANTLY CHECKING YOUR GOOGLE ADS ACCOUNT TO SEE IF YOU'VE EARNED ANY MORE MONEY FROM AD CLICKS
16. GETTING WORRIED THAT YOUR CONTENT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH WHEN YOU SEE YOU HAVEN'T EARNED ANY MONEY
17. GETTING REASSURANCE FROM FELLOW BLOGGERS THAT YOU DON'T SUCK AND YOUR READERSHIP WILL CONTINUE TO GROW IF YOU STAY CONSISTENT
18. AND FINALLY...HOW YOU FEEL KNOWING THAT YOU'VE WRITTEN AND SCHEDULED YOUR BLOGS FOR THE WEEK!
I hope you enjoyed this fun post, and I hope it was relatable enough to my fellow bloggers! Did I miss anything? Tell me what else we struggle with in the comments below!