Jonathan (the hubby) and I have an amazing relationship. I always credit this to the fact that we started out as friends before we became boyfriend/girlfriend and husband/wife.
I think it is so important to be best friends with your spouse. I had been in two previous relationships and I was so nervous that I would do something embarrassing that would make the guy run the other way. But Jonathan has always been different.
Also in the comments were people saying "don't make her famous so she keeps spoiling her husband!" Joke's on them! I always spoil him. But this got me to thinking about the idea of spoiling someone.
I don't ALWAYS do the laundry and dishes, just like he doesn't ALWAYS take the trash out. We decided together that a marriage is a partnership, not a "you do this, I do this, and everyone is happy," arrangement.
This post isn't terribly long, but I encourage anyone out there to find a partner who you can love deeply, laugh with uncontrollably, cry around freely, and live with happily! Establish a friendship that is forged in fire. Your life will be so enjoyable.
If you are from Tik Tok, or you found me through social media that way, thank you so much for your love and support. I'm so happy to show our love to the world, especially during a time of such hate and division. Love you all, so much! Have a great week!
I was nominated for this one by Jessica from loveinjune16.wordpress.com! We have formed a unique friendship as we support one another in our blogging and social media efforts!
This one is about answering 73 questions!!! Apparently this one was inspired by Vogue Magazine and asks you these questions to really get to know you! Then you nominate 12 people!!!! That's a lot of people, so I'll try my best to meet the requirement.
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
For the drink, I usually get a grande caramel macchiato with almond milk (my lovely coffee order is pictured to the left)! I sometimes get some extra caramel drizzle, too!
I'm a fan of the lemon poundcake and have been known to order that from time to time!
2. What does your workstation look like?
3. Favorite food?
4. Favorite Author?
Edgar Allan Poe
5. What do you think of open relationships?
6. Favorite video game?
My favorite video game is Fallout 4, but I love the series as a whole. Check out this quick video from my Twitch stream!
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Slushie or Snow Cone
8. Favorite movie?
School of Rock
9. Favorite book?
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice I’ve ever received?
What you tolerate is what you worry about
13. What project are you working on right now?
This LONG post! Haha!
14. Favorite color?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
16. Dream job?
To make a living off of content creation either on my blog or on YouTube!
17. Play any sports?
No, and I really didn't play many growing up!
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes. I have a B.A. in Mass Communications with concentrations in Journalism, Radio, and TV/Multimedia. I have a concentration in Creative Writing.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
21. What do you like to collect?
Skulls/Sugar Skulls (not real, the decorative kind)!
22. Describe yourself in 3 words…
Motivated, unstoppable, beautiful
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
I don't know. Maybe I would be a rap duo with my husband, Jonathan. We would be "GJAllison, We Da Best!"
24. Who was the last person you DM?
25. Whats on top of your wish list right now?
Probably a shopping spree!
26. Sorting house?
27. How many tattoos?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
My family, as always!
29. What has been the best thing that happened to you this month?
30. What is the best thing that happened to you today?
I got to fellowship with some of my coworkers over coffee and breakfast!
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Taking my bra off at the end of the day!
32. Favorite season?
33. Favorite holiday?
Halloween. Jonathan and I DIYed this couples costume a few years ago. Sorry for the quality :)
34. What fictional character do you relate most to?
Merida from Brave. I am and always will be very strong willed, and I've been bad in the past about letting what I want get in the way of what is best. However, I feel like I'm much more mature than I used to be and I take people's lives and feelings as it relates to my decisions into account more than I used to.
35. Do you like surprises?
36. Whats the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
My mom threw a bit of a surprise party for me when I was in college. She managed to keep it a secret from me by working with my roommate to coordinate when she could get into our sorority house to set it up. I'm usually not easy to surprise, but that one got me.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given to someone else?
I think it was Jonathan's 21st birthday where I gave him 21 gifts throughout the day. I loved that one and I think that was probably the best thing I've been able to do in the way of surprises.
39. Do you like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
I used to, but I'm wanting to get back into it on a regular basis.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
Probably Reese's cheesecake
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favorite food?
Dumplings (even though I'm from the south)!
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
That's a tie between Ketchup and Ranch Dressing
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday, what are you eating?
Whatever I'm dreaming about because I ain't awake at 4 a.m. on a Saturday.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
The Art of Not Being A Terrible Human Being
48. Best Animated Film?
Hercules or Aladdin
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Maybe like a painting class?
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Never done this, but I don't think it would be a good idea to go to bars and drink a lot on a first date.
52. Whats the funniest pick up line a guy/girl could use?
Hmmmm...I don't know.
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name 3 things that can always be found in your purse?
Keys, some form of money, and lipstick
55. Favorite drink?
Pepsi Max Taste
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
I really don't know. Maybe like a knight or something?
57. Kittens or puppies?
I refuse to choose. I have one of each and they're both awesome :)
58. Favorite Sushi roll?
59. What lipstick do you use?
Jeffree Star's Liquid Lipstick in the shade Calabassas.
60. What foundation do you use?
I've been using the Joah Truly Yours Foundation lately.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don't really have one.
63. Favorite Disney Character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Probably School of Rock, my favorite.
66. Movie that made you cry?
Boy in the Striped Pajamas or My Girl
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody who would you choose?
Dead or Alive? Elvis Presley
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Walking on Sunshine!
69. What's your favorite animal?
70. Favorite Illustrator?
71. The person you want to have coffee with?
Probably Jeremy, my best friend who lives in Georgia. But I can't remember if he likes coffee...
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Face mask, watch a movie, or hang out with my hubby!
Thank you for reading all of my 73 answers!
I plan on nominating my blogger friends from Instagram, so please feel free to add any of us to your Instagram!
My Nominees are:
1- Lauren: https://www.laurenyloves.co.uk/
2- Thoughts Parsed: http://www.thoughtsparsed.com/
3- Deandra from https://theblackprincessdiaries.com/
That's it! I don't have many blogger friends! If you want to be friends, add me on social media. Find my links below!